We made it through another week, ladies and gents. While it may be the beginning of your 3 day weekend, my husband is just ending his weekend and returning to work today. Boo! Well, let’s get this list out of the way, shall we?
- From Twitter:
My skin actually feels super soft and not dried out from using Pink Zebra “hand soap” as body wash in my shower. This stuff is paraben and sulfate free too!
- From Instagram:
Finally picked up a book again. In the evenings I’ve been watching Heartland instead of reading, so I’m trying to start reading during the day instead. I miss it and Jude is starting to learn to read as well so I’d like to encourage reading as a good habit to have early on.
- Speaking of reading more:
I finally made it to the library and attained a library card. We ended up leaving before getting to use it though since Jude had an emotional breakdown. We ended up going for a long drive so he would sleep since we think these emotional outbursts are stemming from a growth spurt of some sort. More on that next week….
- Also from Instagram:
Legos have hit our household like a maelstrom! Jude really loves these junior sets.
- From Twitter:
Best Jude line of all week!
Until next week!
You’re welcome for that title. Good luck gettin’ that out of your head. 😉
- From Our Home:
Jude’s room now contains the solar system!
- Adventures In Crohn’s Disease:
P.S. It seemed to help!
- Jude Had A Cold All Week:
Pfft. Week! Who am I trying to convince? Try almost two weeks. Either way I placed Stress Relief and Relax in his warmer all week to help him breathe at night. That worked too. 🙂
- Epiphanies Were Made:
- My Infatuation With Tsum-Tsum Has Grown:
Not very well helped out by Target since they started carrying the product line, might I add. Add me on Line! User name: Zekora.
Until next week!
I’m still categorizing this under “High 5 For Friday,” it’s just still my own thang!! 😉 If you’re following me on Twitter, this is all going to be a bit of a review.
- And, of course, I need to brag about this one one more time!
Until next week!
Seriously — this was discipline in the highest for me, just saying! Haha.
1) I estimate what my husband’s paycheck will be and then make out our bills a day early while the house is nice and quiet after someone goes to bed. 😉 I opened up our Charter bill to find that they extended our internet promotion for another full year! Hooraaay for more cheap internet. Truly, thank-you Charter!
2) We went to my friend’s baby shower last weekend. (Yes, all 3 of us!!) Jude was able to play with my friend’s son who is a week older than him, as well as the many balloons with “but-wer-flies” attached to the strings. He had a blast and kept sneaking cupcakes off the buffet table. Mmmmhmmm. Anyway, we were asked to create babies out of Play-doh and my hubby created this blue sex ed lesson on the right. 😛
3) Jude has been needing a hair cut. Badly. You may have noticed the crazy hair in many of the pictures. He has about 7 “cow-licks” and none of them go the same direction. It’s the worst after he wakes up from a nap or first thing in the morning. The stylist cut it pretty short this time and it’s a relief for mommy. He was thrilled to get a sucker out of it.
4) I got adventurous in the kitchen again since I’m actually feeling a bit better and made this concoction. Beer battered and beer battered with coconut shrimp. My husband doesn’t really care for coconut, so I made it both ways. No, Jude still will not touch shrimp no matter how we try, but he ate his green beans! He’s totally not a dinner kid either and he skipped nap, so he was a bear considering dinner was late tonight (Thursday). Whoops.
5) We finally caved and called the appliance repair man and got our dryer fixed. While I’m sad our “It Blew Up Fund” has already been hit up and almost completely depleted, I am overjoyed to have a functional dryer again. I did, however, consider just getting a clothes line. I may do that this summer anyway considering our 110 degree summer temps would probably dry the clothes faster than the dryer anyway!
Yeah, yeah. Life got a little crazy and lazy last week. I’ve noticed if I don’t at least get 2-3 entries done on the weekend, I can’t seem to keep up during the week, so here’s a bit of a recap:
1) We spent some time at the park. After having a 3 week cold, I’m sure Jude was more than ready to go crazy on the park equipment and I was grateful for the sunshine. I was still at the tail end of having pink-eye (ha, there’s another post for another time — don’t let me forget!) so we made sure to go early and we had the whole park to ourselves.
2) Jude gave up naps – again – and I don’t think he’s entirely ready, but he sure thinks he is. His humor is basically gone by the afternoon and he’s rubbing his eyes by dinner. We moved his bed time up an hour and he sleeps 12 hours a night, but I miss my silence in the afternoon SO bad!
3) My train loving toddler received a train quilt from his Great-Grammy. I couldn’t get him to stand still with it and this was the best pic out of 3!
4) We make our own entertainment — even if it’s just with Daddy’s “flashwy light.” I had no idea this one would strobe, but Jude figured it out. Can I make it do that? Absolutely not!!
5) We did a lot of errand running this week which made me alarmingly aware of how big this kid has grown in his car seat. I even had to adjust his seat when we were running late to meet Daddy for lunch one day because the straps were below his shoulders. (God bless Britax! They make it so easy to do in 5 seconds with a squirming toddler in one hand. I’m a fan! His booster will be Britax too…one day long in the future.)
So, that’s last week in a nut shell. Told you it was a whole lotta nothin’! 😉
This…has been an interesting week to be sure. I ended up with pink eye, but more on that next week. Anyhoo…. (Remember to click on the pics for captions!)
We’ve stayed home a lot his week. A LOT. It just couldn’t be avoided. Jude has a cough that won’t quit and now I have pink eye. Hermits for January! YES!
Mommy, however, is getting rather good at crafting train tracks. Ikea track, for the record, cannot join to Thomas & Friends track, but Thomas & Friends track can join to Ikea track if that makes any sense.
My fortune cookie thinks I have OCD too.
We did end up at Bass Pro Shop down the freeway a bit. The left was Jude’s first visit to their aquarium and the right was this week. Crazy how fast they grow!
We visited the fish hatchery at the local community college after visiting their farmer’s market. Jude had a fun time feeding the salmon they hatch there to stock SoCal lakes and streams for fishing.
See y’all next week! 🙂