Posted in Life, Parenting

Sleeping In

Sometimes my son surprises me and doesn’t get me up at the butt-crack of dawn. Today Daddy went to work at 5:00 a.m. meaning it took me forever to fall asleep after he left and I thought for sure when Trubba called out at 6 a.m. for his PAAAAACCCIIIEEE that I was doomed to no recovered sleep hours. I’m happy to announce that I woke up at 8:00 a.m. and it’s now approaching 8:30 and I’ve yet to hear a peep. I’m in absolute shock.

This means I was able to eat my breakfast, let the dogs out, answer some stuff on Facebook and now I’m brewing my coffee and blogging. Pretty snazzy, I must say!

wpid-IMG_20130826_182743.jpgA friend of mine posted on Facebook yesterday that she’d purchased these blue tinted Ball Mason Jars at Target and since we actually had to run up to Target, my husband found them on an end cap. I couldn’t resist and swooped up a six pack for myself. I’m thinking of finding a few more and either canning for Christmas gifts or maybe piece together a few candles. Something creative and inexpensive anyway since everything financial seems to be drowning us at the moment.

I hate to be such a Debbie Downer, but there’s not a whole lot you can do about credit card debt when your bank hasn’t sent your husband a debit card and his credit card is his only form of payment and while I make sure to pay the balance in full each time, that still makes me feel poorer somehow. I also had to charge a text book because it was truly pay for that or eat this week. Uggggh!

Well, this blog took a turn didn’t it? Lol. Until tomorrow, readers. 🙂


One thought on “Sleeping In

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s