Yes. This week’s quote is truly “Just keep swimming!” I’ve had to remind myself to do the same over the past month. June hasn’t been kind to us, that’s for sure:
- After being in and out of the hospital, doctors finally discovered the cause to my mother’s issues. It means surgery. MAJOR surgery and removal of an organ. We all just want her to be well and she’s going in for surgery tomorrow morning – early.
- My dental hygienist noticed a gum recession caused by the muscle in my bottom lip pulling it down clear back in March. I was finally able to get int to see their periodontist only to be told I need surgery or braces AND surgery. I’m going to be 30 in August, not 13! I don’t feel I’m one of those people that can pull off braces at 30 and make them classy. Oi.
- The cars: my car’s $800 repair bill and now she needs brakes. My husband’s tC needs new tires, struts and a new windshield. We don’t have annual car inspections here in California at least so we get a little bit of slack there.
- I fell short of 30 likes in 2 days on my Facebook Pink Zebra Page, but it’s taking off faster than my family’s pumpkin patch — which was an established business years before the arrival of FB, so that’s a good thing. 🙂
- I had stomach pain at the beginning of the month where I almost had my husband take me to the ER. I suffered the night out and went to my doctor in the morning to be told that it’s “probably heart burn.” Yeah, okay. Sure. Next time I will just go to the ER. I just really don’t think that heart burn should keep you up all night in level 8 pain that reminded me of labor. And then after all that, I showed up for my class 90 minutes late — at least it wasn’t the final. (Yes, I know I’m not a doctor, but something is telling me this is more serious than heartburn and usually I’m right!)
My wishes for the month of July:
- Get well: all of us.
- Get the cars ALL taken care of. At this point, I’d just rather spend the money and get it done and that way I don’t have to worry about anyone’s tires blowing out or getting pulled over for a fix-it ticket.
- Keep cool! There’s been record setting temps in our area and today it’s humid. Our electric bill is going to be ridiculous since I can’t run the evaporative cooler in the afternoon (it does nothing to cool the house when it’s humid, so I have to run the A/C).
- Oh yeah….and “Just keep swimming!”